On Wednesday the very talented Emily Witt of A Keyboard and an Open Mind awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award. So now it’s my turn to tell you a few things about myself and then pass on the award to seven deserving bloggers.
Today is mine and Nik’s 5th Wedding Anniversary, so in celebration I thought instead of telling you seven facts about myself I would share seven facts related to our anniversary.
- Nik and I met over 13 years ago when we worked together in a multiplex cinema in Bristol. We got together at the staff Christmas party on the 12.12.00 and we prefer to celebrate that anniversary in December rather than our actual Wedding Anniversary.
- Nik proposed after a private dinner on a moonlit beach on Makunudu Island in the Maldives on the 10.05.07 and we got married exactly a year later in Greece.
- On the morning of our wedding, despite the best laid plans, we didn’t actually know where we would be getting married – yes really. But it all turned out fine, we managed to tie-the-knot and then had a fantastic reception with lots of food and Greek dancing.
- We had two honeymoons (greedy I know) – one was just a few days after our wedding when we went to Santorini and the other one was nine months later when we were lucky enough to spend two incredible weeks in Tanzania and Zanzibar.
- On a day out to St Fagans: National History Museum a few years ago, I got accosted by a poet who was being filmed for a local TV programme about Valentine’s Day. She asked if she could write a poem about us, I said yes and to Nik’s
dismayhorror we ended up being filmed while she asked Nik what he loved about me the most before writing a poem there and then and reading it back to us – cue much oohing and aahing and appropriate looks of love from us both. He said my eyes by the way.
- Our 12th anniversary – you know the December one that we celebrate – fell on the 12.12.12.
- This evening, as befits a couple who met while working at Warner Village Cinema, we’re going to go and watch Star Trek Into Darkness in the Director’s Lounge of our local cinema (think big, comfy seats, a private bar and snacks such as nachos and chicken wings to eat while watching the film). Happy days.
Now, on to the important bit – here are seven bloggers worthy of an award entitled versatile (there are loads more bloggers that I could have chosen but Emily had already nominated them):
- Elaine Jeremiah
- Joanne Phillips
- Kristina Perez
- Rhiann Wynn-Nolet
- Shelli Johnson
- Debbie Young
- Krista Walsh
The rules of The Versatile Blogger are simple:
- Thank and link to the person who gave you the award.
- Tell seven facts about yourself.
- Pass it on to seven other bloggers.
- Link to specific posts on their blogs to they’ll be notified by pingback.