Firstly a big thank you to my friend Elaine Jeremiah who gave me the Seed of Light award on Wednesday. As you can see it’s a very lovely looking award and the rules for accepting it are simple. If you receive this award, simply pass it on to another blogger who inspires you through the beauty of their words/images as well as any blog which brings joyful awareness to nature and our connection to each other.
- Display the logo.
- Nominate 14 readers you appreciate.
- Announce the nominees, either all at once or over seven days.
Emily also very kindly nominated me for the Shine On Award. For this award I need to tell you seven facts about myself but as it’s Sunday and I really should be doing a ROW80 update as I missed last Sunday’s check in, I thought I’d use my seven facts to go through how I’ve been doing with my ROW80 goals.
- I have spent very little time working on my new WIP, The House of Stone, and definitely not the 30 minutes a day I had set myself at the beginning of April.
- I have, however, decided on the name for my main character… Poppy Stone.
- The cover for The Butterfly Storm is finished and I revealed it two weeks ago.
- I have the beginnings of a blog tour sorted for when The Butterfly Storm is launched on the 12th June, kicking off with a visit to Joanne Phillips’ fabulous blog on the 14th June.
- I’ve been busy planning launch day for The Butterfly Storm and deciding on giveaways and how to celebrate the novel being published after nine long years!
- I have finally joined Pinterest and Goodreads, both of which will hopefully be good ways of promoting The Butterfly Storm.
- I’m well into Alana Terry’s beautifully written novel, The Beloved Daughter and I’m loving it. I also interviewed her earlier on in the week so if you fancy finding out more about what she’s written and currently working on you can read it here.
So, down to business – I’m going to nominate the following five people for both the Wonderful Team Member Award and the Shine On Award, simply because they’re 1) wonderful, 2) talented and 3) supportive:
I will announce the rest of my nominations for the Wonderful Team Member Award in my WIPpet Wednesday and Thursday’s Children posts.
Phew! That’s a lot of nominations and probably a lot of duplications as there are a huge amount of awards doing the rounds at the moment. Everyone I’ve nominated please don’t feel obliged to accept the awards – I just wanted to pass them on to fellow bloggers and writers who I’ve found to be both lovely and supportive and whose own blogs I very much enjoy reading.