Time Shifters front pageI’m cheating today. I missed WIPpet Wednesday last week and haven’t written anymore of Time Shifters – A Long Way From Home, so technically didn’t have anything to post today. But because I’m going to take part in NaNoWriMo (in an attempt to get a decent amount of A Long Way From Home written) I’m probably not going to join in with WIPpet Wednesday again until December. So, if you don’t hear from me for a while after today that’s what I’ll be up to.

I may not have written anything novel-wise over the last week but I’ve not been idle. I’ve been continuing to edit Time Shifters using my beta readers’ invaluable comments ready to send off to my proofreader by mid November. Talking of proofreading, my proofreader, Kate Haigh recently asked me if I could answer some questions about my experience of using a proofreader, which you can read here. Using beta readers and a proofreader before launching The Butterfly Storm and the hopefully-soon-to-be-published Time Shifters makes me confident that the books will be as good as they possibly can be.

The last few days has also seen a drop in price of The Butterfly Storm – a trial really to see if I can boost it back up the amazon rankings. There was a spike in sales on the first day and then it ticked over nicely during the weekend staying in the top 10,000, and then yesterday, nothing, no sales at all, which has been the first day that’s happened since before my free promotion in August despite me actually promoting the book yesterday via twitter, Goodreads and Kuforum. *confused face* The good news is that it’s sold two copies today so all is not lost. *happy face*

This week has also seen Alana Terry launch her blog tour for the audiobook of The Beloved Daughter. She visited my blog yesterday and there’s still time to enter the competition to win hundreds of $$$ worth of prizes, plus there are exciting things going on over on Alana’s facebook page.

So finally, to the WIPpet. My offering is just eight words from Time Shifters that Elaine Jeremiah helpfully pointed out while beta reading, could be the tagline for the book, if not the whole trilogy. Eight words you say for the 23/10/13? How does that work out? Well, by using ingenious WIPpet maths it goes like this: 2+3+1+1+3=10 10-2(as it’s approximately 2 months until Christmas – I told you it was ingenious) = 8. Ta da!

Nothing is set in stone, not even history.

There you have it. To join in with WIPpet Wednesday simply post an extract of whatever you’re currently working on that relates, however loosely, to the date. Add your link to the linky over on My Random Muse. Thanks as always to K L Schwengel for hosting.

It may be a while until I join in again but hopefully by the time December comes round I’ll have plenty of new writing to post. In the meantime happy writing everyone and I’m looking forward to meeting Emily when she stops by Bath on her European travels in late November!

An Almost Non-WIPpet WIPpet Wednesday

22 thoughts on “An Almost Non-WIPpet WIPpet Wednesday

• 23rd October 2013 at 12:56 pm

Those are some awesome words. And the WIPpet math is very creative. :)

Good luck with NaNo. *sigh* We shall miss you.

• 23rd October 2013 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Kathi. And I was never any good at maths at school… 😉

I shall miss you guys too but it won’t be for long and hopefully it’ll be a very productive month!

• 23rd October 2013 at 1:48 pm

Ooo! Love that tagline! A powerful setup!
    Good luck to you! Conquer NaNo! I will semi-NaNo! I’m shooting for 30,000 words.

• 23rd October 2013 at 4:47 pm

Thank you! Here’s hoping you (semi) conquer NaNo too!

• 23rd October 2013 at 6:08 pm

I too am trying to decide whether to stay in WIPpet Wednesday or not for NaNo. Maybe I can post short lines like this one. Rooting for you to conquer NaNo!

• 24th October 2013 at 9:46 am

Short lines may well be the way to go. I’m opting out of WW simply to make as much time as possible to get that writing done. Will be rooting for you too!

• 23rd October 2013 at 7:12 pm

haha I was just having this talk with someone I beta for…interesting to see it here as well!

• 23rd October 2013 at 7:31 pm

Chuffed to bits that you liked what I said about that line enough to make it the tagline! Though of course it is your work – and what a great novel it is! Hope your writing comes on in leaps and bounds over the next few months. :)

• 24th October 2013 at 9:48 am

Thanks Elaine. This is why it’s so helpful to have other people read your work – to point out things you’d otherwise missed. I think it works great as a tagline for the whole trilogy. You’re a genius!

• 23rd October 2013 at 11:36 pm

Clever Elaine – it is a great tagline! I got all excited to do the WIPpet this week and realised I didn’t have anything new to add either. *sighs* Too notesy and not worth putting out there. But like yourself I have high hopes for NaNo. Maybe we could post some of the faux pas that come while writing at NaNo speed… I’m figuring there are always some!

• 24th October 2013 at 9:50 am

I’ve never in my life written at NaNo speed so it’s going to be quite a challenge. I’m sure there will be some very ‘interesting’ things that get written over the month. Might have to be brave to share them! At least by December we should have plenty of things to post!

• 24th October 2013 at 10:04 am

Definitely tag line material! I remember that line! I’ll have to run around in the next week and add all the WIPpeteers to my NaNo writing buddies.

So excited to meet up with you, too!

• 28th October 2013 at 3:38 pm

Thanks Emily, and even better that you remember that line! Yay to being NaNo writing buddies and meeting up! :-)

• 24th October 2013 at 7:44 pm

Great tagline… though lots of things are set in stone. They don’t stay that way indefinitely, but…

(yeah, I know… 😉 )

I was toying with the idea of not doing WIPpets over November too because of the NaNo, but since I have to do Wednesday posts for the ROW80 (and sponsor visits) I elected to stay in. Maybe you could plot out most of the posts and use your NaNoWork for the actual WIPpet, Kate? Words… letters?

You might be happier doing that than stopping altogether. (Then again you may not, but it’s easier for us to cheer you on if you are posting. *big kitten eyes*)

• 28th October 2013 at 3:37 pm

Yes, the cheering on may well be helpful, plus how can I resist those ‘big kitten eyes’! There are plenty of other things taking up my time at the moment so I’ll see how things go. I may well do a WIPpet post towards the middle of the month and catch up with everyone that way. :-)

• 25th October 2013 at 8:51 pm

8 words. Wow. You’re so cruel. 😛 They’re a very good 8 words, though. :-)

• 28th October 2013 at 3:34 pm

Thank you! *evil laugh* :-)