It’s true, this is going to be my last WIPpet Wednesday, in fact my last blog post for a while. How long a while is all depends on when our baby decides to arrive and when I’m next awake enough/have any time (you get the idea) to even think about blogging. Apart from taking the time to relax over these next couple of weeks I also want to concentrate on writing A Long Way From Home while I have the chance. It has stalled at around a third of the way in and I’d like to get a good chunk written before our baby arrives. A little scare over the weekend when I was admitted to hospital for 24 hours to be monitored made me realise how soon our little baby could actually make an appearance. All is fine and baby’s heart was monitored and he/she was moving around like a crazy thing so I was discharged on Monday. Feet up, laptop and writing – that’s my plan.
I’ve also been meaning to do a post about a blogger award I received way back in November from my friend and fellow author, Jade Reyner, who’s not only a prolific blogger but about to launch her second novel in the coming weeks. She nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! and so I thought it was about time that I officially thanked her and passed the award on. As blogger awards go this is a simple one:
- Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer 10 questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
- Your favourite colour? – Blue
- Your favourite animal? – Dog, specifically our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink? – Rhubarb & Custard drink from M&S that tastes just like the sweets I had when I was a kid.
- Facebook or Twitter? – Twitter, although I’m getting in to Facebook more now.
- Your favourite pattern? – Stripes
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Giving, particularly when you know you’ve got something that person will really love.
- Your favourite number? – 2 and 7
- Your favourite day of the week? – Sunday
- Your favourite flower? – Colourful, sweet smelling ones!
- What is your passion? – Writing stories of course.
There’s absolutely no pressure to take part but I’d like to pass the award on to all my fellow WIPpeteers as I love reading your novel extracts each week and receiving your comments on mine. You’re a great and supportive bunch, so thank you.
Now, for my WIPpet. What to give you today… hum, it’s really getting tricky now without having written any new stuff recently. I think, because it’s my last WIPpet for a while, I will give you five paragraphs for the 5th February 2014 from the last chapter I’ve written, which just so happens to be chapter 14. For those of you who didn’t beta read book one this extract will probably be quite confusing. All I will say is by this point in the book Lizzie has been found and she’s with Maisie in a house in 1940s London with a future version of Danny. Oh, and to be really mean I’ve cut the last paragraph short because it gives away a huge plot spoiler.
“What are we not going to like?” I asked.
“My suggestion of what I think you should do.” Future Danny looked directly at me.
I pointed to the top of my chest. “What I should do?”
“Why Maisie?” Lizzie asked, folding her arms and huffing.
“Because,” future Danny said. “Maisie is the only one of us that can time-shift to…”
Make of that what you will! We’re a very welcoming bunch headed up by the fabulous KL Schwengel, so if you fancy joining in with WIPpet Wednesday simply choose an extract from your WIP that corresponds with the date (creativity is encouraged) and add your link here over on My Random Muse. Take the time to read the other WIPpet offerings too – we’re a diverse bunch.
I don’t know when I’ll be blogging again, but I will be back, that’s a promise. Until then happy writing and reading everyone!