It is my policy to respect your privacy for any information I may collect from you or which you may provide to me, in the circumstances set out below. This policy sets out how I collect, use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”).
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for my services; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Personal Data collected via this website (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I collect the following Personal Data when you sign up to my newsletter to receive free content, including e-books, videos and offers:
- Email address
Data collected automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows this. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of the Website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted in to receive news and offers, to deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and my books and services are aimed at adults, however I do write for children too. I have separate newsletters for my adult and children’s fiction. For my children’s mailing list (Time Shifters Club) the only Personal Data I collect is an email address and I encourage children under the age of 16 to get a responsible adult to sign up on their behalf.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email at kactus[at]kate-frost.co.uk:
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
I am author Kate Frost and you may email me with privacy questions at kactus[at]kate-frost.co.uk.